Skip to main content

The Telenovela Effect

Hello Gorgeous Reader!

 

Have you ever watched a ‘Telenovela’?  It’s a strangely addictive TV series that invokes a thriving anger at every end of an episode.

You see, the hallmark of ‘telenovelas’ is how ultimate evil can get and that the protagonist seems to be so helpless with wave after wave of sheer bad luck and of course the ruthless mischiefs of the antagonists.

I’ve always hated these shows which is why I praise the heavens for the creation of Youtube where I can find alternative, and more useful things to watch such as “29 ways to wear your underwear” O_o

Anyway, the reason for mentioning ‘telenovelas’ is because for the past weeks; I’ve felt like my life has been plagued with the “Telenovela Effect”

So dramatic! As my brother caught “dengue fever” and I desperately posted for help on Facebook.  Even more so, when and I ran through the pouring rain, clutching a piece of paper, begging the seemingly indifferent clerk at the Blood Bank to please give us blood so that my brother can have the transfusion. After 23 (imagine that!) bags were transfused, he recovered and is now okay.

But like I said, “telenovela effect”. I caught flu and was sick for a couple of days. Then, I had such a severe asthma attack (I haven’t had that kind for like 4 years!) I was stuck in bed and missed out on so many things that I wanted to do.

Both of those pre-mentioned events made me mess up my class schedule with my tutee which kind of pissed him off; I think…

Then I had an argument with my boyfriend over something stupid like “how fat is fat” and "’how fat is chubby” which we still can’t agree on ‘till now.

Well, bottom line is, I just told you why I haven’t blogged for a while. Ugrh! I wish I could get out of this “telenovela effect” rut! So if you are reading this last line, I’m passing it on to you! Ha! LOL~  Smile with tongue out

Comments

  1. Hi sweetheart, so sorry to hear that you and your brother were not well. Hope you've both recovered nicely. I have actually seen a telenovela here on SA tv, perhaps its not an actual one but very similar and it was dubbed in English. I think it was supposed to be very dramatic and serious but it was really funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sam! you always brighten up my day with your comments ^_^ we're both okay now. Yes, telenovelas can be hilariously annoying sometimes

      have a nice day Sam!

      Delete
  2. I'm just so glad he's okay :)

    again, regards Janine niya. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mai yang! lol~ basin magselos iyang GF... expecting parents na raba sila! whoops! nag announce na nuon ko hehe shhh~

      Delete
    2. ayay. haha! cge, ingnun naku si janine ana. haha

      Delete

Post a Comment

*Speak your mind. Leave a comment. Don't be shy~ ^_^*

Popular posts from this blog

My Speech as a Guest Speaker

Hello Gorgeous Reader!Last March 28, 2014 , I got the rare opportunity to give a speech at the graduation ceremony of my alma mater KM5 now named Fr. William F. Masterson S.J. elementary school.So a little back story. I gave a speech on my own graduation way back year 2000 and it was miserable. I was very sick that day, I even passed out at school before the program. I was there because I volunteered to help with the preparation stuff. During the program I was puking, the world was spinning and I felt so cold. They had me seated while I gave my speech and well, I cried. But I knew I had the best of friends then because my classmates cried with me. Although I know that some of my batch-mates are far more successful than I am and thus more credible to give a speech; I didn’t think twice and said ‘yes’ to my former teacher’s invite. After all, not everyone gets a shot at redemption. (shoutout: *Thank you very much Sir Janeo for the opportunity.*)Okay, so here’s the speech that I gave. It…

Pamamanhikan: A Filipino Tradition

Hello Gorgeous Reader!This is actually an over due blog post. I’ve written a previous draft on this weeks ago but for some reason my computer decided to delete all my drafts. Now I’m forced to rewrite this blog or technically write a new one.Last April first my fiancé went to my residence to formally ask for my hand in marriage from my parents. This is a tradition among Filipinos called “Pamamanhikan”.We’ve been talking about having each other’s parents meet after the engagement. Our first option was to take them out for dinner. But we kind of hesitated over the idea because it would be super awkward to talk about our marriage plans with other people eavesdropping on us at a restaurant. Alas, it was my fiancé’s trusted league of merry-men (a.k.a his workmates) who convinced him to do it the traditional way. That is, to go to my house with his parents and family members bringing food. It was a great idea since it would be the best venue for our families to meet so that the wedding itse…

How to Get Married: Legal Requirements

Hello Gorgeous Reader!NOTE: Please be informed that this blog is based on Cagayan de Oro City requirements. The process for other places may vary and is beyond my jurisdiction. @_@For a marriage to be called valid or legally binding; it must be registered/recorded at the government branch called Civil Registrar. It is basically the logbook of our government. The legality of a marriage has many purposes such as civil, financial,  health benefits, and many more.Below are the steps to get your “Marriage License”.STEP 1Find someone who is willing to marry you. This someone must not be currently within a marriage or ‘free to marry’. Note that there is no divorce in the Phils. Even if that person has been living separately from his/her spouse for longer than 10 years he/she is still considered married by law unless his/her wife/husband is already dead. This person must also be of legal age (18 years old and above). If either of you are within 18-21 years old; you are required to present an …