Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Top Favorite Movies

Hello Gorgeous Reader!

 

I’ve been thinking of writing movie reviews (since I love movies so much ^_^). Really, like, I probably watch more than 10 movies in a year at the movie theater. But since the last movie I saw didn’t quite meet my expectations (Men in Black 3), it will probably be best to talk about the movies that did.

Here are a few of my favorite movies. Well, I just picked one per genre, just to add variety.

blog

1. Comedy – The Comebacks

LOL is probably the best way to describe this movie. I can watch this over and over again and still crack up. It’s just a collection of funny scenes tied together in an annoyingly senseless plot. It’s just nonsense hilarious.

2. Animation – Up

Interestingly enough, I cried watching this movie. A ‘cartoon’ movie making me cry should definitely earn something right? But it wasn’t just that. I laughed so hard, I felt thrilled, annoyed, and happy. I loved it! Adorable characters. It’s one of those movies where you leave the theater feeling happy. What are movies for really?

3. Romance – The Notebook

This Nicholas Sparks adaptation probably set the bar for my taste in romantic films. For instance, what all romantic movies have in common is the scene where the guy/girl has this sudden realization of love and decides to pursue love and chase after his/her beloved who always seems to be leaving for some reason. The movie ‘The Notebook’ perfected that scene for me. The acting was so realistic; a guy desperate for a girl, a girl who is torn between love and responsibility. And it wasn’t just the acting, it was everything about the scene. The score, the blocking, the video quality… It felt so real, that my heart felt like it broke into little pieces when Allie was reading Noah’s letter (haha I still know the characters names). To me that is what a romantic movie should be. Something that makes you feel what love feels.

4. Action Thriller – Fast Five

I particularly liked the pacing of action and dialogue scenes; so as there doesn’t seem to be a dull moment in the movie. One of the few fight scenes that I actually enjoyed watching. No guns whatsoever just plain bare hands ass-kicking. Cool car race scenes and mission plot too. One word for it; nice!

5. Fiction – Avatar

Aliens, futuristic setting, robots, explosions; Avatar has everything you’ll look for in a fiction film. (not to mention the epic wars and made up language) The movie turned me into a fiction geek for weeks that I literally tried to speak “Na’vi”.

 

So there you go 5 of my favorite movies. I’ll try to write movie reviews starting on the next movie I’ll see at the theaters. ^_^

8 comments:

  1. My top 5 movie would be:

    1. Inception
    2. Braveheart
    3 Windstruck
    4. He's So Cool
    5. One more chance.

    HAHA! nisulod gyud si johnlloyd :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. leo is one of my fave actors
      2. don't like braveheart; too violent
      3. my sassy girl > windstruck
      4. never heard of this movie... ~_~
      5. ang cute2x mo talaga loydie LOL!


      Nice list mai! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Great list! Followed you, follow us back? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your reply, I love learning more about weddings and cultures in different countries. A wide genre of movies, I must admit I have only seen The Notebook and loved it of course. I am currently building up a collection of all Woody Allen's most recent movies, I can get over them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow~ you are like a character from a movie Sam ^_^ Most movies if not all that I watch are mainstream over advertised ones LOL~ ^_^

      Delete
  4. I love movie reviews :D
    The only movies I've watched from your list are: Up and The Notebook. LOVE both of them!
    And i'll watch the others asap, specially The Comebacks, I love comedy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your sweet Msg will miss ya as well...take care

    ReplyDelete

*Speak your mind. Leave a comment. Don't be shy~ ^_^*

Hello! How are you?

 Hello Gorgeous Reader! It is more than 1 year AC (After Covid) 😅 and you being able to read this blog is a celebration in itself. You surv...