Thursday, September 1, 2011

“Don’t Talk to Strangers”

 

Dear Gorgeous Reader!

I was at the mall this weekend (working ~_~). As I watched the shoppers flooding the hallways with bags and kids in tow; I heard one shopper telling her child a very familiar phrase… “Don’t talk to strangers.”

I’ve heard my parents tell me this many times when I was a child. In fact, I recall being lost in ‘Ororama Mega Center’ (a local shopping mall). I was about 4 or 5 years-old  then. I was standing near the entrance door, when a sales lady and a security guard approached me. They asked me questions like; “What’s your name?”, “Who are you with?”, and “Where do you live?”… I recall telling the both of them “I don’t talk to strangers.” (LOL!)

I closely looked at the lady talking to her son in crude English accent. She was slender, with brown skin and straight long black hair (qualities of an average Filipina woman). I panned my sight down to her son. A cute little boy, with very pale skin, blond hair, and sparkling blue eyes…

7 comments:

  1. di ka kauli ana na style Jo! hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't strangers simply friends you haven't met?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mai, basaha gani utro ang last part.. you'll know why "Life's Little Ironies" ang label ani na post ^_*

    ReplyDelete
  4. ei, thanks for your comment on my blog...
    awww... ikaw pala un, c joan, hehe! nahiya tuloy ako sa comment ko kay mai, lol! but that's 100% true *wink*

    btw, followed you back!

    It's a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
  5. @CutestPrincess Thanks ^_^ you're so nice and I love your fashion... can you do a rainyday fashion collection blog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I talk to strangers all the time.

    But you know, I'm actually a secret undercover agent for the FBI and my specialty is in pedophiles. So..yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lemons Don't Make Lemonade LOL you got that right! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

*Speak your mind. Leave a comment. Don't be shy~ ^_^*

Hello! How are you?

 Hello Gorgeous Reader! It is more than 1 year AC (After Covid) 😅 and you being able to read this blog is a celebration in itself. You surv...